The Gumshoe is an annual August FUNdraising "detective" walk in Seattle's Phinney Ridge-Greenwood Neighborhood (PhinneyWood for short). Buy an entry form, solve the clues that guide you through the 3.1 mile walk - discovering fun things along the way - and you qualify for prize drawings AND raise money for three local non-profits: Greenwood Senior Center, Greenwood Food Bank and Greenwood Elementary School PTA.
Averaging two participants per entry form, more than 600 amateur sleuths did the Gumshoe in 2012, raising over $5,300. Each non-profit received a third of the proceeds.
Though you're too late to do this year's Gumshoe, we leave this site posted year around so you can view the clues and answers to the 2012 walk - and see who won.
Come back next June when we update the site with everything you need to know to do the 2013 Gumshoe!
2012 Prize Winners
- STAN MOFFETT
- $250 Fred Meyer gift card
- UNCLAIMED, so awarded to the
GREENWOOD FOOD BANK
- $150 Fred Meyer gift card
- DAVID ANDERSEN
- $100 Fred Meyer gift card
- ANGELA & DAVE SMITH
- Breakfast at Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe and
a day at the Woodland Park Zoo with a
special behind-the-scenes tour for two adults and two kids
- JULIA BACHARACH
- Dinner at The Olive and Grape and
an evening at Taproot Theatre for two
- MARY ANN MARSHALL-WRIGHT
- $225 worth of gift certificates to nine PhinneyWood eateries
(Easty Street Game)
- CHRISTINE COLE
- $135 worth of gift certificates to nine PhineyWood shops