The Gumshoe is an annual summertime FUNdraising "detective" walk in Seattle's Phinney Ridge-Greenwood Neighborhood (PhinneyWood for short). Buy an entry form, solve the clues that guide you through the 3.1 mile walk - discovering fun things along the way - and you qualify for prize drawings AND raise money for three local non-profits: Greenwood Senior Center, Greenwood Food Bank and Greenwood Elementary School PTA.
Assuming two Gumshoes per entry form, approximately 600 amateur sleuths did the Gumshoe in 2014, raising just over $5,600. Each non-profit received a third of the proceeds.
Though you're too late to do this year's Gumshoe, we leave this site posted year around so you can view the clues and answers to the 2014 walk - and see who won.
Come back next June when we update the site with everything you need to know to do the 2015 Gumshoe!
2014 Prize Winners
- SEAN McMULLEN
- $150 gift card to Greenwood Hardware
- ALICE MASON
- $150 gift card to Ken's Market
- HANNAH LOVE
- $150 gift card to Metropolis
- STEPHANIE HEGSTAD
- $150 gift card to Phinney Books
- EMILIA JONES
- $75 gift certificate to Phinney Market Pub & Eatery and
a day at the Woodland Park Zoo with a special
behind-the-scenes tour for two adults and two kids
- CLAUDIA GARY
- $75 gift certificate to The Olive and Grape and
an evening at Taproot Theatre for two
- DAPHNE MULLEN, LESLIE BASEL
and STEPHANIE HEGSTAD (again!)
- $75 worth of gift certificates to PhinneyWood eateries
featured in the Gumshoe's Easty Street Game
- HANNAH LOVE (again!), SUE KELLY (with CLARE
and LUKE GASKILL) and ELLEN ACKROYD
- $45 worth of gift certificates to PhineyWood shops
featured in the Gumshoe's GumShop Game